AYT Institute, Inc. will furnish to the Education Licensure Commission (ELC) a schedule of its tuition and fees and its prepaid tuition plan and refund policy.
AYT Institute, Inc. will provide each student seventy-two (72) hours to rescind any contract and to receive a refund of all fees and tuition. This period shall commence from the date of the signing but shall not include or end on any Saturday or Sunday or legal holiday.
AYT Institute, Inc. will provide each student, on a separate sheet, notice of the student’s right to rescind the contract within seventy-two (72) hours of signing and notice of the fact that, upon rescission, the school shall refund all monies advanced to the school, including the registration fee.
AYT Institute, Inc. will provide each student a copy of the school’s tuition plan and refund policy at the time of enrollment.
The Education Licensure Commission (ELC) shall approve each school’s refund policy only when it provides that the amount retained by the school does not exceed an amount calculated in accordance with the following standards:
- The enrollment or registration fee shall be separately stated and the non-refundable portion shall either be twenty percent (20%) of the total cost of the course or fifty dollars ($50), whichever is less; Provided that this refund policy shall apply only after the seventy-two (72) hour period immediately following the signing has expired;
- The school shall refund all monies paid in excess of the nonrefundable portion of the enrollment or registration fee when an enrolled student requests, in the manner provided in the contract, upon cancellation before the student’s scheduled classes begin
- If a student enters training and withdraws or is discontinued from training prior to completion of seventy-five percent (75%) of the scheduled program, the school shall refund to the student a sum which is the exact pro rata portion of tuition unexpended by the student, within five (5) dollars.
The prorated amount per section shall be determined by the ratio of the number of weeks or lessons in series of instruction completed by the student to the total number of weeks of instruction offered. Any portion of a week’s attendance by a student shall be considered a full week’s attendance for the purpose of this section. In the case of correspondence schools, any portion of a lesson in series shall be considered as a completed series. No school shall request or accept more than ten percent (10%) of the total tuition prior to commencement of the program or schedule.
AYT Institute, Inc. will keep adequate records to ensure that students, who delay in requesting a refund, are accommodated; Provided that the school is not required to honor a refund request submitted within ninety (90) days of the scheduled program for which the student was enrolled.
Any refund required to be made to an immigrant student by the provisions of this section shall be payable to that student as follows:
- Within thirty (30) days after the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the United States has certified to AYT Institute to make the refund to the immigrant student when they have returned back to their country of residency.
- Only in the legal currency of the country of which the immigrant student is a citizen.
The Certificate Program tuition fee is $19,000. The fee includes tuition cost and textbooks, but not including uniforms or lab fees, if any. Students who pay their tuition in advance will receive a 10% discount from the tuition cost. Students officially withdrawing, suspended, dropped, or decreasing the program prior to the first day of instruction may receive 100% refund for tuition and fees paid. The school will refund all monies paid in advance up until the first week of class. After the first week, tuition will be refunded as follows:
- Second week: 85%
- Third week: 75%
- Fourth week 60%
- Fifth week: 50%
- Seventh week: 30%
- Eighth week: 20%
- After Eighth week: 0%
- Sixth week: 40%
The goal of our faculty and staff is to make sure that all students complete the automotive program and become a productive citizen in the Washington DC community. Within 30 days of notification by the Immigration and Naturalization service of the United States, AYT Institute, Inc. agrees to refund any monies due to an immigrant student after departing the U.S. The refund will be given in the legal currency of the country specified by the student. According to DCMR, a school shall not offer, discuss or negotiate finances of any kind.