The mission of AYT Institute is to educate and prepare our students academically, technically, and professionally to meet the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
AYT Institute helps students realize their potential for growth and success through innovative instruction in a nurturing, diverse environment. We envision AYT Institute as a catalyst for developing educated, engaged and employable individuals whose career and personal goals are strengthening the Nation's Capital areas social and economic vibrancy.
AYT's core values define the Institute and provide the environment for all decisions and actions. These core values are:
· Education – Education is the key to individual, community, and economic development in a complex technological society.
· Student Success – We value and prioritize the achievement of our students' goals by promoting student learning and providing a supportive environment to foster completion.
· Innovation – We value and cultivate an environment where new ideas, creative thinking and imagination can flourish.
· Community – Partnerships that develop solutions to community challenges are important to economic vitality and quality of life.
· Diversity – Respect for diversity is an important part of the educational process.
GOAL 1. AYT Institute is committed to mitigating the barriers that may limit student access to a post‐secondary education.
GOAL 2. Serve the DC regional area with courses that train and equip students with the skills of a trained technician or mechanic.
GOAL 3. Student Success through Quality Instructional and Administrative Practices.
GOAL 4. Cultivate ways for the public to gain awareness of the training that AYT Institute offers.
GOAL 5 Workforce Development for Economic Vitality
GOAL 6. Community Awareness and Support through Visibility and Involvement
GOAL 7. Effectiveness and Efficiency of Organizational Operations